Ah, the 90s. They were fun, right? So many great things came from that decade – the fashion, grunge, Must-See TV, Beanie Babies, The Backstreet Boys. And, hey, what about that Macarena?
These guys get it.
Fortunately for us, the decade also spawned a ton of horror movies – some great, some not so much. But for this post, I want to focus on the last half of the decade and the rash of teen slasher movies all started by one little movie you might have heard about: Scream.
Scream came out in 1996 and revitalized the slasher genre. I love this movie. It’s a funny, bloody, self-aware good time, and the sequels – although they’re not as great – keep the punchline going. Neve Campbell established herself as a worthy addition to the scream queen hall of fame, and Ghostface has now become almost as iconic as Michael Myers, Freddy, and Jason.
Following Scream, we had:
- I Know What You Did Last Summer (October 1997)
- Scream 2 (December 1997)
- Disturbing Behavior (July 1998)
- Halloween H2O (August 1998)
- Urban Legend (September 1998)
- Bride of Chucky (October 1998)
- The Faculty (November 1998)
- I Still Know What You Did Last Summer (November 1998)
I mean just look at that list! I’m feeling the nostalgia. For real. How about you? What’s your favorite movie from the list?