It’s no secret that I love Dollar Tree, and one of the reasons I love it so, so much for my Halloween shopping is that you can make so many of their items look more expensive with only a little bit of work.
Of all the Halloween items they carry, their skulls are my favorite. I always pick up a few each year. This year, just to help you out, I bought a few more than usual to play around with. But with them being just a dollar, it was totally worth it.
5 Ways to Use a Dollar Tree Skull
1. Use metallic spray paint to make your skulls look at home in any chic Halloween setup.
2. Who doesn’t love a sugar skull? Spray paint a skull white and go to town with multicolored sharpies, paint pens, stickers, and jewels. It’ll look great at any Day of the Dead celebration.
3. Transform a skull into a mini jack-o-lantern by carving it with a craft knife. Insert a flameless tea light and – voila! – glowing skull! You can even spray paint it orange for a faux skull pumpkin or other colors to match your decor.
4. Make your skull look gross and creepy – and much more like a high-end prop – by using the corpsing technique I outlined here.
5. Grab a few items you probably already have on hand and make this cool hanging ghost. Read the tutorial here.
SO. MUCH. FUN. I hope you try out a few of these projects because you’ll be missing out if you don’t. Let me know how your projects work out in the comments. Happy Haunting!